About Ellis PENN
Having Professional Tax Representation is a very powerful tool when you need to resolve an IRS
or State Taxing Authorities problem. As you may have experienced, IRS agents can be very intimidating when they are making demands on you, the taxpayer. Representation by Ellis Penn helps ensure that you will no longer be subjected to their bullying and unethical tactics. IRS agents and representatives tend to be less forceful and more reasonable when you have obtained representation
When you retain Ellis Penn for representation you can be sure of the following:
- Mr. Ellis oversees everything that goes on with your case himself.
- We will not make promises regarding your case. Ellis Penn will analyze your situation and come up with personalized resolutions that are custom to your particular situation.
- We have physical locations in both Philadelphia, PA and Denver, CO. Our firm has been representing clients for decades. Our offices are open to see you at any time.
- We handle our clients in a caring yet professional manner. Ellis Penn will provide representation that directly attributes to resolution of your circumstances and relate it to our success.
- Ellis Penn maintains both a positive and successful relationship with IRS agents in each state. No matter where you are located, we can provide skilled representation for you.
- We commit to go beyond the "formulas" of IRS negotiations to find real solutions that work for each individual situation.
- We advise you how to better position yourself financially in order to qualify for programs offered by the IRS.
- Once Ellis Penn has resolved your IRS issues, we will work with you through special programs that we offer to continually monitor your situation. This is a great benefit as it will help to warn you if another IRS problem could occur.
- Our goal is not only to solve the immediate problem at hand but to help you move forward with a complete confidence that your IRS issues have been completely resolved.
- Ellis Penn is committed to excellence. Our staff works diligently to protect our clients and this commitment comes from the value of your trust in our firm.
Ellis Penn, Inc is a Gold Medal Sponsor for the following charities:
- Philabundance Local Food Bank
- St. Baldrick's for Childhood Cancer
- The Jimmy Rollin's Foundation
- The Shane Victorino Foundation
- The Boy's and Girl's Club of America
About Our Team
Michael Ellis is the President and CEO of EllisPenn. He is a
member of the National Association of Tax Practitioners as well as a registered
member of the Philadelphia Bar Association. Michael has been in the tax law
arbitration industry for many years and has created one of the most prominent
businesses in the industry. Part of the success Ellis Penn has accomplished is
through Michael’s hands on approach with clients. He remains involved with each
case from beginning to end. In most other tax firms, principles of the company
do not participate in the daily management of clients files. Michael Ellis has
created a unique system that allows him to personally engage in each case file.
He started EllisPenn on the premise that there was a huge misconception in the
industry. Most companies focus on penalties and interest with their clients
rather than actually educating and providing clients with complete protection
through formalized agreement processes. Michael is a member of both the NATP,
Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Associations, is an Ambassador for the New
Hampshire Liberty Alliance, Member of the Precious Children Foundation, and he
also works with the St. Baldricks Foundation annually to promote childhood
cancer research. Prior to founding Ellis Penn, Michael was the Regional Vice
President for two fortune 500 companies. He attended the University of Colorado
at Boulder, the University of Denver, and Bucknell University.
Michael O’Connor is the Vice President of Operations with
Ellis Penn. He has been representing taxpayers before the State and Internal
Revenue Service for over 5 years. Michael has deep expertise in negotiating
resolutions on behalf of our clients from across the nation. He prides himself
on never giving up and is always searching for ways to ensure our clients
receive the best resolution possible. Michael attended Colorado State University.